Английский язык "Rainbow English". Диагностические работы.6 класс – – Корпорация Российский учебник (издательство Дрофа – Вентана)
- Где купить
- Программа лояльности
Слушать Rainbow English 6 класс часть 2 бесплатно
- Где купить
- Программа лояльности
Викторина по страноведению 6 класс 2 раздел Rainbow English Афанасьева Михеева Баранова
Викторина по страноведению “ Who wants to be a millionaire?” (6 класс)
Практические: в ходе урока учащиеся
повторят пройденный учебный материал в неформальной обстановке во время игры
смогут описать достопримечательности Великобритании
расширение лингвострановедческих знаний учащихся по теме;
расширение филологического кругозора учащихся;
создание и поддержание мотивации к изучению английского языка;
формирование навыков интеллектуального труда;
развитие мышления, памяти, воображения, языковой догадки, антиципации.
языковой материал пройденного раздела
Оборудование: презентация, оформленная в стиле оригинальной игры « Кто хочет стать миллионером?»,презентация на тему “ Great Britain” ( для включения во время рассказов учащихся), купюры евро (от 100 и до 1000000), подсказки для ведущего (ученик 9 класса), призы и грамоты
Начало викторины. Организационный момент
- Hello, dear boys and girls! We are glad to greet you at our game! All the children like to play! That’s why we are going to play the game “Who wants to be a millionaire?” today. There are four participants in our classroom and a lot of guests. Let’s greet to each other.
- Do you know how to play this game? Listen to me attentively, please. This game consists of three stages, each of them includes 5 questions. The next question costs more expensive than the previous one. The presenter asks the questions in order of increasing difficulty of a question and its price. The participants have one cue: 50/50. If a player give the right answer, he’ll continuing to play; if he give the wrong answer, he’ll get the price of the previous question and the next participant is going to play. Now let’s choose the first player. Do this rebus and continue the theme of our game: “All questions deal with …”. На экране – ребус. One of you, who will do this riddle the first, will be the first player.
G B ’’
You are right! It’s Great Britain. You are the first player. Introduce yourself, please. What is your name? How old are you? Do you like to play? What will you do if you win a million in reality? Nice to meet you. But let’s start our game.
Вопросы к викторине.
100 € - What’s the official language in Great Britain?
Chinese b)English c) Russian d) French
You are right/ Unfortunately, you are wrong. You’ve earned …€, but the turn goes to another player.
The second question costs 200 €.
200 €- England is in…
Africa b) America c) Asia d) Europe
300 € - The capital of Great Britain is …
London b) Paris c) Cardiff d) Moscow
- Let’s look at the fourth question.
500 € - The name of river in London is …
the Potomac b) the Nile c) the Volga d) the Thames
1000 € - Big Ben is a …
horse b) famous name c) clock d) an animal in the zoo
After the first stage a pupil is telling some information about Great Britain as if summed up, for example (презентация со слайдами о Великобритании):
The United Kingdom has four parts or four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Every country has a capital. London is both the capital of England and the capital of the United Kingdom. This ancient city on the banks of the river Thames has eight million people.
Thank you for your story about Great Britain. I see you know a lot about this country, so let’s continue our game and the next question is…
2000 € - What is the Tower of London now?
A museum b) a prison c) a fortress d) a house
- You have already got 2000 €. I congratulate you. You will get twice as much money if you
answer the 7-th question…
4000 € - Who is the head of England?
the Tsar b) the Princess c) the Queen d) the Prince
- Yes, it is quite so!
8000 € - You can get from Russia to England by …
car b) foot c) bicycle d) airplane
- Are you sure? Is this your last word?
- I accept your answer.
- It is the correct answer.
- Now, you`ve got 8000 €. It is a great success. You will double this sum, if you give the correct answer to the following question.
16000 € - The British parliament is in …
Westminster Abbey b) The Houses of Parliament c) the Buckingham Palace d) Backer Street
- All right. The 10-th question is…
- Choose the correct answer.
- Are you sure?
- Do you agree with the…?
- All right, I accept your answer.
32000 € - Where can you say everything you want?
St. James’ Park b) Regent’s Park c) Hyde Park d) central Park
- …. – is the correct answer. You`ve earned 32000€. Well done!
After the second stage two pupils can tell some information, for example:
The Tower of London and St. Paul’s Cathedral are situated in the City of London. The Tower of London is an ancient castle on the north bank of the Thames. There are some buildings on its territory behind strong grey walls. The White Tower which gave the name to the place is a central building. The Tower of London was a palace, a fortress, a prison and the King’s Zoo. Now it’s a museum.
London is a green city with a lot of parks in its centre. Hyde Park is one of the largest parks in central London. Londoners like to take long walks over its grassy territory in fine weather. Hyde Park is famous for its Speaker’s Corner. It is the place in the park where on Sundays people stand up on the boxes or chairs and speak of anything they want.
64000 € - What can you see in Trafalgar Square?
Nelson Statue b) Big Ben c) the Tower of London d) Queen Victoria Memorial
- Is this your last word? You are right again.
- You`ve got 64000 €, and you will get 125000 € if you answer the 12-th question. Look at it.
125000 € - The legend says that without them the Tower will fall.
the squirrels b) the pigeons c) the cats d) the ravens
Are you sure? Would you change your mind?
All right. Your answer is accepted.
If you had answered “…” and you were right again.
My congratulations to you. You`ve earned 125000 €.
All right, we`ve come up to the 13-th question. You have an opportunity to get 250000 € , but you must answer the following question
250000 € - St. Paul’s Cathedral has …
a large house b) a large dome c) a large tower d) a large clock
Are you ready to answer? Which is your variant? And you are right again.
Now, you`ve got 250000 €. Only 2 steps/2 questions separate you from a million. We wish you good luck. And our next question is…
500000 € - Whitehall is a …
park b) square c) hall d) street
The answer is accepted. It`s fantastic but you are right again. You`ve got 50000 €.
Are you ready to answer the question and win a million? Then, listen to the question…
1000000 € - What can you see in a lake near Buckingham Palace?
hens b) ducks c) flamingos d) geese
- Are you sure? Do you want to change your mind? All right. So… My congratulations to you because you`ve just won a million.
After the final the last player will give more additional information:
Trafalgar Square is a popular place with tourists. There you can see the fountains, a tall column, a monument to Admiral Nelson, and the National Gallery.
Подведение итогов и награждение
A: Thank you very much. You were lucky today and this is your million. It was really great. You proved that “Knowledge is power”. I`m very pleased. You may take your seat.
B: Thank you for your playing. You`ve earned … € and it is quite good. Relax. The game is over. “It`s not whether you win or lose that matters, it`s how you play the game”. You may go to your place.
C: All right. I think you were out of luck today. Come on! I hope you will be lucky next time. I advise you to work hard at your English. You may take your seat.
T.: - I`m sorry but the time is up. Let’s award the winners. I have no million but I have got some prizes for all of you. And thank you to everybody, to all participants, to the guests and of course, to my wonderful assistant.
Good – bye!